Because London is recognized as a world-class destination for theater, shopping, dining, history and art, it’s often overlooked as a family vacation destination. But with a wide range of family-friendly hotels in London – and exciting attractions for kids of all ages, it really can be a fantastic vacation spot for even the littlest ones in your brood. All it takes is a bit of planning and a few well-chosen attractions. Here are a few ideas to help get your trip off on the right foot:
• London Zoo. Set on 36 acres, the London Zoo is changing the way people experience nature in London. Through its unique approach to creating interactive, immersive exhibits, visitors can get closer than they ever thought possible to more than 12,000 animals in 750 species, including African gorillas, meerkats, butterflies, Galapagos tortoises, pygmy marmosets and red titi monkeys.
• Sadler’s Wells. Introduce your kids to the London theater scene at Sadler’s Wells. Just minutes from many hotels in London, this unique, kid-friendly dance hall hosts productions by everyone from internationally renowned ballet companies to the legendary Shaloin Monks. You’ll even find modern dance, flamenco and tango performances from some of the world’s best dancers.
• Hampton Court Palace. Next to the River Thames, Henry VIII’s stunning palace is located in East Molesey, Surrey – and can be easily reached by car, train or bus. Here, families can explore the famous Hampton Court Palace Maze, take a ghostly tour of the palace, see The Chapel Royal and tour England’s “last and greatest medieval hall.”
• Thames RIB Experience. For full-throttle excitement, book a Thames RIB experience and discover some of the city’s most famous sights on an action-packed one-hour tour of the city. Once onboard the company’s high-powered boat, you’ll cruise past Westminster, Covent Garden, Leicester Square, The Strand, Trafalgar Square and more.
• Hyde Park. With 350 acres of space to roam, plus horseback riding, tennis, playgrounds, skating, boating and swimming, families can spend days exploring all that Hyde Park has to offer. And because it’s so near to many hotels in London, if your kids need to go back to your room to change their clothes or grab their cameras, it will probably be a quick trip there and back.
Of course, all of the city’s family-friendly attractions can’ be covered here, so be sure to check with the concierge staff at Marriott’s hotels in London – and allow the company’s local experts to help you experience the trip of a lifetime.
Of course, all of the city’s family-friendly attractions can’ be covered here, so be sure to check with the concierge staff at Marriott’s hotels in London
Article Source: EzineArticles.com/expert/Eric_Sidone/309565